Winter Track practice begins on Monday, Nov. 20, 2017. As with XC, we have two basic rules for the distance runners: show up every day and try. If you know you will miss practice, you need to be in touch with me. My email address is email@example.com. Please use it to communicate. You are also welcome to call my cell: 415-902-6685. There is a separate sub-page for the boys and girls winter schedules. Our team rules, our philosophy, the overall tone of the team will be very similar to XC. The only difference is we will also be respecting the rules and policies of head coaches Jensen and Hunter. Most of our XC team captains — past and future — are on the track team, so you should use them as a resource too.
Training Cycle #1 can be found HERE.
Training Cycle #2 can be found HERE.
Training Cycle #3 can be found HERE.
Training Cycle #4 can be found HERE.
I (Coach Green) will be attending many but not all of the indoor meets, and will be splitting my time equally between girls and boys. Here is my tentative plan for the indoor season:
- Fri., Dec. 15, Lehigh Univ. – GIRLS (Cancelled)
- Sat., Dec. 23, Lehigh Univ. – BOYS
- Fri. Jan. 5, Haverford College – GIRLS (will also attend part of the Jan. 6 boys meet)
- Wed. Jan. 10, Haverford College – DELCO GIRLS
- Sat. Jan. 13, Haverford College – BOYS
- Fri., Jan. 19, Lehigh Univ. – GIRLS
- Sat., Jan. 27 and Sun., Jan. 28, Ocean Breeze Invite, Staten Island NY – BOYS/GIRLS (for potential state qualifiers)
- Wed. Jan. 31, Glen Mills, DELCO BOYS
- Fri. Feb. 2, Lehigh Univ., GIRLS
- Wed., Feb. 7, Westtown HS, BOYS NOVICE ??
- Feb. 9/10 at Lehigh – ?
- Fri and Sat, Feb. 16-17, Lehigh, Meet of Champions, BOYS/GIRLS (this will be the one Lehigh weekend when I’ll aim to attend both girls and boys races)
- Sun., Feb. 25, States, PSU
+ + + + +
Winter track is three things: 1) it provides an opportunity to learn, develop, and dig back into intense training volume (more mileage, flexibility work, weight room work) in order to run well in the spring. 2) We will race and gain experience as competitive indoor track athletes, and hopefully everyone will PR in the winter too. 3) Our fastest athletes can qualify for and compete in the Meet of Champions and also the PTFCA State Championship Meet at State College on Feb. 25, 2018. Note: athletes can qualify for MOC by finishing first or second in another Indoor race or by meeting the MOC standard. Here are the girls standards:
|Pole Vault||8′ 06″|
|High Jump||4′ 10″|
|Long Jump||16′ 02″|
|Triple Jump||33′ 6″|
|4 X 200||1:53.24|
|4 X 400||4:17.24|
|4 X 800||10:12.24|
Here are the boys MOC standards:
|Long Jump (9:30 am Start)||20-6|
|Triple Jump (After Long Jump)||41-6|
Below are the PA state qualifying standards from 2017 (they should be very similar in 2018).
|Event||Girls (flat/banked)||Boys (flat/banked)||# of entries|
|800 meters||2:22.93 / 2:22.33||2:00.73 / 2:00.13||24|
|Mile||5:23.43 / 5:22.73||4:32.43 / 4:31.73||20|
|3000 meters||10:45.63 / 10:44.83||9:00.23 / 8:59.43||12|
|4 X 800||9:58.78 / 9:56.38||8:22.06 / 8:19.66||16|
Please check this site, and this page, regularly for updated training cycles and new info. I look forward to a great season. Go Fords.